• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SG08: How do I add multiple 3.5" HDD?

Mattnum

n00b
Joined
Jan 9, 2014
Messages
8
Hello everyone,

I want to add another 3.5" storage HDD to my silverstone SG08. I already have 1 x SSD and 1 x 3.5" HDD. I do not have a DVD drive. Does anyone know if a HDD could be mounted in the slim DVD drive space, and how easy that would be?

Thanks for your help,

Mattnum
 
You won't be able to fit a 3.5 drive in there, but a 2.5 drive would. Silverstone makes a Slim ODD to 2.5 adapter seen here. I am not sure if it is compatible with the SG08, but I imagine it would be.

You also have room for an additional 2.5 drive above the PSU, but you're pretty much SOL in regards to 2.5 drives.
 
Does it literally not fit? how close is it to fitting? I don't care if it's not even mounted properly / screwed in - I was hoping to wedge one in the top.
 
Back
Top