• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

sg05 psu + 640mb 8800gts?

BMWguy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
145
Here is my planned build, mostly of parts I already have. I just need to minimize my life.:

sugo sg05 case
intel e5200 processor
zotac 9300 motherboard
2x1gb memory
2 hard drives
640mb 8800gts

From what I understand, I'll be cutting it close with this videocard, since charts show it consuming up to 260-275 watts during load.

Spending another 70 on another power supply doesn't make too much sense if I could just sell this videocard and pool it together for a more powerful card. Ideally I don't want to spend any extra money at the moment, you know how that goes.
 
Definitely pushing it, it's a G80 chip prior to the die shinks, power hog but powerful. Might work....for a while

It might be frustrating to invest on a GTS 250 since performance is bound to be similar, but that and the 4850 is about all you can run safely on the stock fsp psu
 
I received a Kill-A-Watt tester.

System stats
-idles at 141 watt
-load (using rthdrbl) at 232 watt

With this info, can you tell me with greater certainty?
 
Back
Top