• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SG05 build - PSU Limitation

Jokenno14

n00b
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
14
Hello all. I have just ordered the parts for my super media center / lan box but I didn't stop to think about the PSU and wether it can handle all the components.

Anyway this is what my build will be:
Case = Silverstone SG05
CPU = E8600 3.33 C2D <-- running at stock
MOBO = Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi
GFX = ATI 4850
HDD 1 (system) = 500GB Segate 2.5inch Drive
HDD 2 (Data) = 1TB W.D. Green label
.....
PSU = stock 300W! (80 Plus certified SFX 300W power supply included)

Do you think the psu will be able to handle the load? Its primary use will be a media center / file server (it will be on basicly 24/7) but it also will act as a mobile gaming computer (when I go on long trips and such).....

It would be a shame for Silverstone to advertise the case as a SFF case with extended gfx support but ship it with a PSU that wont meet the requirements.

Thank you for your time.
 
Yes it will do just fine, there are plenty of similar builds on this forum

To the mods: I think there should be an stickied SG05B faq or build list
 
I'm running quad-core too, q9400. I would not recommend quad-core because I think it tends to get hotter. It will run it though and on Newegg, the manufacturer said they were running a q9550.
 
in using a Q8200, but its a little on the hot side, since there are no undervolting options on the zotac board. if it was i could run it on 1.0 V instead of 1,23V and it makes a HUGE difference
 
Back
Top