SG02-F Heatsink

Exopaladin

n00b
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
2
I was wondering what the best option is for cooling an overclocked Q6600 in this case. I've taken a look at the "Will it fit?" post but I know that doesn't cover everything.

At the moment I'm considering:

Zalman CNPS8700 - Heard that noise is a bit of an issue with this

Scythe Shuriken - Nice and quiet, not seen many reports of how it performs with OCed quad cores

Silverstone NT06-E - I've seen nearly nothing about this, and I don't know if the PSU I'll be using (Corsair 550W which I'm not really willing to mod) would have enough airflow

XP-120 - I've no idea where I can really acquire one of these or if it would be much better than any of the above.

I wouldn't mind buying the optional cross flow fan for the case if it actually makes much different, not sure if it does or not though.

Any suggestions or results with quad cores with the above heatsinks would be appreciated.
 
Mini ninja possible (or is that the shuriken)? If it fits I'd go with that, if not then the NT06. The Zalman is poo, noisy as fckin' cows past 14xx rpm, laudible at any load. If you are willing to do a fan mod however and replace the stock shit fan with something else then this could be worth considering.
 
Not sure I really have the skills/tools needed to do the fan mod on the Zalman unfortunately, aside from possibly just ripping the old one out and attaching a very thin 80/120mm fan to the top of it. Dunno if that would be as effective, if so I could give it a go I guess.

Unfortunately the Mini Ninja isn't possible and the Shuriken is a different model from the Mini Ninja
 
Back
Top