SG01 Watercooling: The Borg Cube (56k painful)

FooTemps

Limp Gawd
Okay, so it really wasn't the intent of my mod to borgify my system, but it was the result of me being too lazy to clean up my tubing...

So to start out this log... I originally started a log on bit-tech, but I ditched it. Not much has changed other than my deciding to stop the project I intended and now my case is in the state it's in.

Here was my case before mod
LANmachine1.jpg

LANmachine2.jpg

LANmachine3.jpg

LANmachine7.jpg

LANmachine8.jpg

As you can see, my system is an SG01-S with the works (from half a year ago). 4400+ dual core, 7800GTX, 2 gigs ddr400. The plan for my system was to watercool it and have an LCD mount on the case. Here are the parts when I recieved my first package:

LANmachine4.jpg

LANmachine5.jpg

LANmachine6.jpg

Pictured are my laing d5, BIP2, and the LCD arm. In later packages I recieved my tubing, fittings, Apogee, and MicroRes.
Once I recieved all my parts, I started getting my case ready for surgery:

LANmachine9.jpg

LANmachine10.jpg

Post Op:

LANmachine12.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

At that moment, the radiator was just acting as a fan grille.
Here's an internal shot showing the fan location:

DSC01326.jpg

Once I had the case ready, I started setting up my WC:

Video update 1: Putfile

LANmachine16.jpg

20 hour leaktest = success!

So after the leaktest, I had to bring everything back to school and install it all.

Video update 2: Putfile

LANmachine17.jpg

Now everything is actually running, but it's a mess. So it was time for a break until I got motivated to work on my system again. I didn't work on it for a few weeks... certain distractions kept arising.

ssbm.jpg

lol, I love SSBM. Ganondorf is about to slap zelda! yay!
Now back to work...

LANmachine18.jpg

LANmachine19.jpg

LANmachine20.jpg

LANmachine21.jpg

The project is done for now. The Borg Cube will eventually become Project: Internal Bleeding when I get enough cash.

Uh, I believe thats peach, not zelda. Zelda is too pimp for pink -_- . Other than that, I look forward to seeing what you come up with :D .

no dude thats zelda, this coming from an avid ssbm and zelda player.....

looks scvheet sofar, now all you need is a less crappy name (dont EVER name a computer of someting on star trek) and some internal cooling and your set!

beautiful sound system...

nice work so far..

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thanks for the compliments.

The crappy name fits a crappy half assed mod. I'll scan my sketchups for my REAL mod.

Lets just say... fully internal dual loop system. On the graphics side we have a two card solution (I'm leaning towards crossfire. if they eventually make matx crossfire), and on the proc side it either stays the same or I'm going conroe (if they make a conroe crossfire board). It'll be sexy.

and MrWizard is right about it being Zelda. Zelda has different shoulder thingys than peach that are easily differentiable. Zelda has gold shiny stuff and Peach as puffy shoulder pads.

Yep, most definately Zelda <nods> Mod definately looks... umm... interesting to say the least (tbh, I personally like the look, but I've been known to have weird tastes :D)

awesome idea on the lcd arm, i might have to give that a shot.

are you planning on finishing that? or did you run into support issues?

boasist said:
awesome idea on the lcd arm, i might have to give that a shot.

are you planning on finishing that? or did you run into support issues?

I ran into cutting issues. I was planning to modify the current table mount plate to mount to the cross beam of the SG01, but the table mount plate is like 7mm thick. I only cut through about 1/4 of the way until I ran out of patience for it. I'm now looking for an old iMac that had the half sphere base with the lcd arm built in and see how that goes.

edit: No support issues either, I test fitted it with zip ties to see how the weight would be supported. The arm extends towards the front from the back so it was sturdy since the case is now pretty heavy with water. If I turned the arm backward it would tip over though.

Back