SG01 and ST60EF.

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
I was wondering if the ST60F/EF would fit in the SG01 with the short cable kit?

Also, I am currently using my Corsair 620w with my SG01 but the holes on the psu and the back of the case don't line up? Any idea's?

I tried it before and the answer is no. There isn't enough room to attach all of the cables for both the power supply and the optical (CD/DVD) drive that you may want to use.

The gap between the ST60F and the Lite-On DVD burner that I used for the pictures was four centimeters. As a reference, the length of the Lite-On DVD burner was 17 cm, and the length of the ST60F was 18 cm. I also measured the mobo/12V power connector, and the plastic portion was 2 cm deep... and when plugged into the PSU, there was still 1 cm visible. And the stiffest part of the mobo/12V cable is right where the connector is. So Volatile was right: you won't be able to connect the cables to both the optical drive and the ST60F in the SG01.

It will work perfectly fine with the short cable kit.

In order to make the power cabling install better you need to install the optical drive after all of the power cables have been installed and routed. Also, you need to have a shorter optical drive (ie Liteon or Samsung). Also the optical drive is in the upper bay and you will be limited to 1 optical drive.

I have used that combination in the past and if you take the time and pay attention to detail it really works well.

It will work perfectly fine with the short cable kit.

In order to make the power cabling install better you need to install the optical drive after all of the power cables have been installed and routed. Also, you need to have a shorter optical drive (ie Liteon or Samsung). Also the optical drive is in the upper bay and you will be limited to 1 optical drive.

I have used that combination in the past and if you take the time and pay attention to detail it really works well.

Alright, my next question is the 120MM Fan going to be good enough for the NT06-E.

My Orignal plan was to shorten the 24pin, and 8pin lines on my Corsair and replace the fan with a 120mm noctua but I'm thinking this might be an easier solution because all my cables will be short as opposed to just the 24/8pin on the corsair. I'd still have the full length cables.

The SG01 was made specifically to be used with the ST60F. That is the entire reason they make the short cable kit as well.

Wait I don't get why it won't fit? I built one before and had no issues. Don't have it around anymore tho. Actually maybe it was because I had a SATA drive there was no cable issue?

120mm fan will be fine for the NT06.

You just have to tie wrap it under the HSF blowing up through the radiator portion of th e HSF.

Wait I don't get why it won't fit? I built one before and had no issues. Don't have it around anymore tho. Actually maybe it was because I had a SATA drive there was no cable issue?

I think the drive depth is the issue here, some of the newer blu-ray drives are noticeably longer.

Back