SG-01 cpu temps

Calpis

Gawd
I want to see if there are better configurations than my current set up at keeping my temps down

40c idle / 54c load
opty 165@274fsb
thermaltake blue orb II
silverstone fx121crossflow fan
antec neohe 500

i saw that between the neopower and the neohe that it was 2 degrees cooler with the neopower. also that the crossflow dropped the temp 2 degrees also when i used it with the neohe. so does having a 120mm or 140mm fan right above the cpu heatsink have an adverse affect to temps?

The 120MM fan in the PSU really helps take out the heat, however the CPU fan is an intake fan so those two fans would be working againist each other, however if you're motherboard is positioned in a way that the PSU isn't directly above the CPU fan then you're okay. As for me it is, but I've just worked around this by letting my PSU be outside the case.

@codeflux
i'll take the dynamat idea from you. when i hooked up my crossflow to a fan controller, theres this low frequency buzz.

im going to give another psu a shot.

I'm getting 35C idle, and 47C load, with an ambient temp of 21C.

Zalman flower similar to your blue orb
Liberty PSU with 120mm fan fighting the cpu cooler air flow
Artic Cooler on 7900GT, is your video card cooler adding internal heat?

also had to add an 80mm fan to help cool HD, since it's in a dead spot.

I know everyone loves the new Accelero gpu coolers, but the old style artic really helps to pull heat out of an SFF case.

VoBoy said:
The 120MM fan in the PSU really helps take out the heat, however the CPU fan is an intake fan so those two fans would be working againist each other, however if you're motherboard is positioned in a way that the PSU isn't directly above the CPU fan then you're okay. As for me it is, but I've just worked around this by letting my PSU be outside the case.

Are you using an external PSU or just something you've modified? I'm thinking of buying one of those external PSU also that way i can have more options on CPU HSF.

I dont get any temp difference whether my PSU 120MM fan is pointed up or down, none at all. I have the FX121 fan too. the FX, the PSu, and the CPU fan all fight for air- its a warzone in there. How do you have your FX121 mounted, motor left or right (if your looking @ the case from head on)...?

right now the motor is on the right so it could grab the air from below the heatsink, at least thats what i hope it's doing.

Back