• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SFX PSU suitable for this configuration?

at0m33

n00b
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
12
Hey guys,

im not an PSU expert and certainly not for SFF suitable SFX PSUs.

I want to upgrade my system next year (rather build a new one). I've thinked about these parts for my new configuration:

  • Form factor: Mini-ITX
  • Case: NCASE M1 (already bought, because its exacly the one im searched for) - recommends a SFX PSU
  • CPU: Intel i5 4670 or i7 4770
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 770 (maybe a OC version)
  • RAM: 2x 8 GB DDR 3 (min. 1600 MHz)
  • MB: Asus Maximus VI Impact
  • 1x Bluray drive
  • maybe watercooled (Swiftech H220) - if possible both CPU and GPU
  • a few SSDs and HDDs to fill out the remaining space (not much ;))

for the SFX PSU i've found the Silverstone ST45SF-G (450W), but i really don't know if it can fit the above system under heavy load?

I would be very nice if anyone can explain it to me :).
 
Last edited:
I hope it's enough. I'm going to go the ST45SF route on my Ncase M1 build as well.

Here's some data for you to chew on:

I did a test on my current Mini ITX system:

Core i7 2600K at max OC of 4.9 GHz (high voltage)
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
Geforce Titan at max OC
16GB DDR3 at 2133MHz CL9

The highest-wattage test I could run was Prime95 blend at 8 threads while running Unigine Valley at the same time. My system pulled 511W peak from the wall. Assuming my bronze PSU is indeed 82% efficient that's about 419W "southbound".

I suspect your 4770K and GTX 770 will need 10-15% less power than my setup.

I think we're both good. :cool:
 
Back
Top