SFF - Shuttles - Where do you guys get them?

Kuo

Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
641
Hey,

My friend recently bought a Shuttle (SFF) off newegg, and ever since I helped her spec the price and saw how price DOABLE it was, I've been looking into them.

Anyway, I know that Shuttle makes SFFs, but I'm wondering if any of you have personal experiences with any other SFF manufacturers, or know of good ones.

Basically, I'm just trying to see what is completely available to choose from.

Where do you guys get your SFFs from basically.

Thanks.
 
you see that big advertisement for newegg at the top of the page?

yeah.
 
Yeah, what am I missing here. You said your friend got hers from Newegg....then you ask us where to buy them????

You also, if your feeling very adventurous and self efficient, you can check the Shuttle website and look at the models.

www.shuttle.com
 
Lol.

Sorry, I guess I was rather vague, or just unclear

I meant more along the lines of - ASIDE from Newegg.

Like for example, if I want water cooling or better heatsinks and stuff, newegg doesn't have the best selection. In those cases, you go to other vendors.

That's what my question is. Are there other vendors you guys recommend that carry SFFs?

And my follow up question was:

Do other companies aside from Shuttle make SFFs? And if so, what other manufacturers have you had good experiences with.

_That_ was my question.
 
Are you asking what sites sell them?

or what companys manufacturer them?
 
just go to PriceWatch and type in the one your looking for or type in chuttle barebones or something along those lines and it'll bring up a bunch of vendors.
 
SFF Comparison Matrix

Check this site out. Basically, this person put together a little web app that compares all sorts of SFF computers. You can sort the list by price or whatever and it has links to the various SFF pc's.
 
Originally posted by cryme
newegg.com

[/thread]

post stands. for the most part, if you want better heatsinks/cooling for your shuttle, you make it yourself. shuttle's website has a few accessories you can order, but they are mostly cosmetic.
 
cryme, that wasn't my point

i used heatsink/fan as an EXAMPLE of where other vendors ASIDE from Newegg was better. the issue of heatsink/fan and SFF were completely indepdent of each other.

my question was basically if the same was true for SFFs, although by now, I think it has been established that Newegg will be my source.

the 2nd part of my question addressed this reply, "oh, almost every manufacturer under the sun has started up in the sff world."

So it became - aside from Shuttle, were there any specific manufacturers that u guys found u perferred over others, or just had general good experience with.
 
Back
Top