• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SFF short DVD burners

Travagin

n00b
Joined
Jan 20, 2005
Messages
48
Does anyone know where I can find a shorter than normal DVD burner?

I have a new Aspire X-Qpack and want to use my existing 500w Antec POWER SUPPLY.
 
Not that this will help you out, but:

I'm in the same boat. I am beginning to suspect that the powersupply that comes in those cases is not actually able to support higher-draw cards and processors. Right now, I have an Antec 500w unit in mine, with the DVDR hanging half-way out of the front of the case. I was going to experiment a little this evening to see if mounting the DVD in the lower 5.25" bay would make things any easier to fit. If that doesn't work, I'm goign to dremel out the back and make some brackets so the powersupply sticks out of the back of the case a few inches.

Good luck!
 
Lite-On is shorter. I had to get one for my shuttle because the blow hole hit my NEC due to bad measurements.
 
def lite-on. I just bought a 16X one to replace my 4X sony and it is way shorter
 
Lite-Ons are great drives, but noisy.

LGs are quiet, but they would not fit and I would never buy from them again. Pioneers are supposed to be quiet, but also look too long. NEC looks like it might fit and they're mid-range noise. BenQ looks like it might fit and I have no idea about noise/quality of their burners.
 
Sony drives are made by liteon, but witout the super duper spin mode..so sonys are much quiter that lite-ons but still short!

I prefer Lite-ON, I have owned Liteon drives since my computer included only one standard CD-ROM!
 
Eh, I have heard the opposite about Sony drives *shrug*.

Plextor... that was the one I was trying to remember... Plextors are designed to be quiet and are known to be good performers, although pricey. If it fits, I'd go with one of their drives.

Offtopic: LG finally picked up the phone after they forced me to call them to get an RMA number (drive stopped reading media after 3 1/2 months). Now they are sending out stickers so I can send my drive in! :rolleyes: Thank goodness I have a backup. /offtopic
 
Lite-On drives sound like airplanes preparing for takeoff. Not so sure about the NEC, however, both my Plextor and Pioneer are rather quiet.
 
I have a Plextor 716A in my Aria and I have to say it is the shortest drive I've used so far.

Also quality is second to none!!
 
Back
Top