SFF Heatsinks

Greatone123

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
1,293
Well I've asked this a long time ago in some other sections of the forum, never got an answer. Since you guys deal with small areas so much I thought I'd give it a shot, I appologize if I shouldn't of posted this here.


I'm going to build some boxes in one of these rackmount cases:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811165213
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811219032


I know the intel heatsinks are considerably smaller then AMDs... but I was wonder if there is an AMD heatsink that's short enough to fit in a 2U encloser and handle a Athlon 620 Quad core.

I've used intel for a long time in these systems, but I know I can build a cheaper AMD system that can do the same thing.
 
Yeah, greatly appreciated, took a bit to find one that was AMD and Intel compatible but it helped a lot, thanks
 
I know the intel heatsinks are considerably smaller then AMDs... but I was wonder if there is an AMD heatsink that's short enough to fit in a 2U encloser and handle a Athlon 620 Quad core.

I haven't seen it for sale yet, but the Prolimatech Samuel 17 looks promising.

From what I've read, it should start showing up for sale any day now.
 
Back
Top