SFF - Gaming Build

drklu

2[H]4U
Hello all, here are my preliminary plans for my upcoming SFF gaming build (pending product release and funding).

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$2500 give or take. I'm hoping to save some money by using [H], ebay, craiglist, ext. to purchase components.

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Gresham Oregon, USA

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, motherboard, ram, graphics card, cpu, case, fans, closed loop water cooler (or components for a custom loop depending), water blocks, pumps, reservoir and NFF SSD.

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
1920x1080 23" Samsung

6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
1 existing - 1920x1080 23" and hopefully a 2560x1440 Taiwanese monitor (yet to decide which)

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
2-3 months depending on the release of the Ncase M1 and the Asus Impact Motherboard.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
1 PCI-E, USB 3, Sata 6Gb/s

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64-bit

Here is my preliminary build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU/Mobo Block: EK full cover block
CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2666 Memory
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card
Video Card Block: EVGA full cover
Case Fans: 4xCougar Dual-X 64.4 CFM 120mm Fan
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 450W 80 PLUS Gold Certified SFX12V
SSD: NFF SSD
Case: NCase M1
Monitor: QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution
Motherboard: Asus Impact 1150 Motherboard
Keyboard: Ducky DK9087S2 Shine II Wired Standard Keyboard (open to suggestions)
Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 9 Wireless Laser Mouse
Tubing: Anything that doesn't fog or plasticize
Fittings: Bitspower (probably go for smaller tubing/fittings sizes due to space constraints)

I may need to find a different cooling solution besides the H220 because of availability/cooling potential. My goal is to have a cool and quite m-itx pc that can run the latest games (Planetside 2, BF4, Total War Rome II, ext) at 2560x1440 with reasonable frames. I would also like to de-lid the 4670 for even cooler temperatures. The H220 (or custom loop) would be plumbed to both the graphics card and cpu and I plan to replace the existing fans with some with some that will perform better . I also heard news that EK will be releasing full cover water block (http://www.ekwb.com/news/364/19/New-water-blocks-for-ASUS-ROG-gear-in-the-works/) for the Impact that would be awesome in this build. I know some of these components aren't even released yet but I just wanted to discuss possible builds. In reality I'm just really excited for these upcoming components and want to discuss possibilities :D.
Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
DrKlu

I don't need a internal optical drive. I can use a external one or none at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a pump/reservoir that would fit in the M1?

Back