SFF build...wutcha think?

infamous gooch

Weaksauce
So my mom wants a new computer and i figured i'd throw her together a decent lil SFF box.
I just wanted a little feedback on the parts i'm going to use.

Case: SILVERSTONE SST-SG01
Mobo: EPoX EP-MGF6100-M Socket AM2
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Orleans
RAM: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB DDR2 533 (PC2 4200)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST3320620AS
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 W0070

I'll be using the onboard NVIDIA GeForce 6100 output to a ViewSonic Q19wb Black 19" WS

And i'll be throwing a spare NEC 3550 DVD drive.

Thanks Guys....and Gals :)

For a basic box that should be fine. The only problem I can see is the DVD Burner is fairly long. From the specs I can find that PSU is 6.3 inches long.

It might be PITA tight between the PSU and the back of the DVD burner.

If it were me and my money and I was building a box for me mum, I would just get an UltraMicrofly in black with the 400W PSU.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...e=product_info&cPath=103_304&products_id=4594

The power supply will handle what you need and it will run alot cooler than the Silverstone, plus it will put about $50 back in your pocket.

PClark99 said:
If it were me and my money and I was building a box for me mum, I would just get an UltraMicrofly in black with the 400W PSU.

I am not sure about its power supplies. I replace it with Enermax liberty 400w. But cooling wise, Ultra's Microfly is one of the best. I used AM2 3000. Its temperature rarely goes up to 33c with stock cooling

Everything is fine but the PSU and Optical Drive choice. If you can, switch to a shorter one (Lite-On for example) and get a better PSU.

Steeeeve said:
Everything is fine but the PSU and Optical Drive choice. If you can, switch to a shorter one (Lite-On for example) and get a better PSU.
I have the same nec drive in my closet that I'll be using with my microfly. I haven't attempted anything yet but from the looks of it, I see no real problem

edit: also, I'm not sure about your ultra psu but my 500w has a big 120mm on the bottom of the psu so even if the dvd comes up real close to the psu, it shouldn't pose a big problem.

Back