• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SFF Build suggestions appreciated

dfruchter

n00b
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
6
First post ever here,

I've built several systems before, including a SFF and it's time to upgrade. I've learned through hard experience that you have to be careful if you want a stable yet powerful SFF, so I've come to you guys. Here are the things I'm definitely using (unless you feel strongly against):

Case: Apevia X-QPACKII
Processors: Core 2 Duo E6700 or 6600 (depends on prices when I finally pull the trigger)
Video Card: Nvidia 8800 GTS (320 or 640, again depends on #'s when I pull the trigger)

The rest is where I need help, especially on mobo and RAM. So please, give me your recommendations on mobo, RAM, if you think I shouldn't use stock heatsink/fan, hard drive, dvd drive. Keep in mind I'm looking for that sweet spot between stability, price, speed, noise and heat.

I would really appreciate any recomendations! Thanks,

Dan
 
Abit F-I90HD for the motherboard and probably some other CPU cooler such as the lower profile type ones from Zalman.

As for RAM, I personally like Mushkin but this doesn't matter...Mushkin makes a 2x2gb package that is nice.

Be sure to get your stuff from www.sffstore.com haha shameless plug :cool:
 
umm go with a q6600! and a 8800gts 320! it will be way better for u! and yes the f-i90hd! mines running stable! and i have super talent ram, very cheap and very good, go witht he 2x1 gb kit, its only 98 bucks! and go with an after market cooler!
 
Back
Top