• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SFF build for HTPC/GAMING

ShafTDawG

Gawd
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
830
Hi all. I was just wondering if a Scythe Ninja-mini will fit in a Silverstone SG-01 case. I will be using a DFI Lan party jr. motherboard, and I was wondering if I will be having any clearance issues.

Also, will the GTX 260 fit in the case?

I'm planning on hooking the pc up to my hdtv, and I was wondering if I will be able to output sound from the vid card (using a DVI to HDMI cable to the t.v.) with a small cable from my sound card to the vid card. If so, what kind of cable is it so I can purchase it before I start the build.

Specs of the comp will be:

DFI Lanparty Jr P45 chipset
Intel e8400 - dont know yet if I will be overclocking, probably a bit
4gb ddr2 pc-6400 memory
2 x 640 GB Western Digital Caviar Black HD
Corsair 620W PSU - this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139002
Scythe Ninja Mini HSF
XFX GTX 260 Core 216

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Violent reactions? I'm going to be ordering the parts in the next couple of weeks, and all inputs are appreciated.
 
Your system specifications are solid except for the case selection. The SG-01 will only permit a maximum of 82mm heatsink. The Ninja-mini has a height of 115mm.

Many have installed the Ninja-mini into the Lian-Li V350 (also new 351) to great success.

If you are set on the SG-01, further heatsink research is warranted.



Good luck.
 
Yup, I just noticed that too, and have decided to go with a silverstone nt-06 lite. From what I've read, this cooler is going to be just right for the case. Also, it seems as if the gtx 260 will not fit without any mods to the case, so I'm going for the 4870 right now.
 
Back
Top