• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SFF (as small as possible) for servers

SuperSubZero

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 21, 2000
Messages
3,780
I'm looking for ideas on really small cases which will be for low-cost servers. They will use Micro-ATX motherboards and will be all integrated VGA, LAN, SATA etc. The only real requirements I have is that it's got at least a 200W power supply (preferably more) and that it can handle the Prescott P4's. They should also be fairly cheap.

http://www.directron.com/cs4117.html

This is an example of what I'm looking for recommendations on.
 
Just an FYI, but Prescott and "really small case" don't really work well together. I had the stock HSF on a 3.2 Prescott in an antec Aria case, and it sounded like a damn hair dryer trying to keep that thing cool, at idle. Depending on which Prescott you get, it'll dissipate around 84-104 watts of heat.
That Casetronics box only has 1 60mm fan for cooling, it looks like you might be able to squeeze an 80 in there, but I doubt it. The Aria has been pretty decent, after watercooling the Pressy, got room for 3 hd's, a 300 watt psu and decent case cooling. Not too much more than the Casetronics box, probably around $100 or so. I guess it mostly depends on whether you are looking for something more along the lines of the desktop design of the Casetronics or something more cube-like. Hope that helps.
 
I disagree. I carry a nice mini-case that includes a 300W sparkle PSU (I sell it for $49.95) and I have done several with 3.2E chips and the Zalman CNPS7000-CU and they'be been great!
 
I almost went with that zalman cooler, but it didn't look like it was gonna fit in the aria with their funky psu. I would like to know which case you're using with that zalman, as I'm considering another build fairly soon. Thanks.
 
I'll take a pic of the case today so you can get an idea of what it is. I have assembled many with the zalman cooler, so I know 100% that it fits.

I have an aria laying on the bench, but I hate it so much that I've never put any components in it -- I don't know if the zalman fits in there.
 
normal_100_0362.JPG

normal_100_0363.JPG

normal_100_0364.JPG

normal_100_0365.JPG

normal_100_0366.JPG
 
Back
Top