Sex Offenders To Register E-Mail Addresses?

You say I'm obvious... umm.. you were the one pointing out that you didn't say "Normal" (I quote so you won't assume anymore.

You lost the argument, why don't you start arguing the facts instead of trying to derail in an attempt to discredit your opponent argumentor?

...Wow. You totally missed my point (imagine that). You accused me of talking about letting sex offenders return to the public for a normal life, when in fact I never used 'normal' to describe the life they should be given. How bluntly do you need things to be to understand them?

Nice cop-out, but I didn't lose. And what facts are you talking about? Facts about legislators trying to pass a law to requrie sex offenders to register their email addresses? Okay.

The legislation introduced in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives also would require the Justice Department to develop a system that would allow commercial social networking Web sites to check members' addresses against individuals listed in the National Sex Offender Registry.

...Wow. You totally missed my point (imagine that). You accused me of talking about letting sex offenders return to the public for a normal life, when in fact I never used 'normal' to describe the life they should be given. How bluntly do you need things to be to understand them?

Nice cop-out, but I didn't lose. And what facts are you talking about? Facts about legislators trying to pass a law to requrie sex offenders to register their email addresses? Okay.

As I said earlier, it doesn't matter what "word" I used in place of "normal", my message is still the same and still carries the same weight.

Here, I'll reword it for you:

So you want them to have a "insert normal,average,some,little,granular,etc" life and re-try at it but then you want to impliment a nazi filtering rule block on them?

Remember your own quote, you mentioned this is 2007. If you want them to have some kind of life again you can't do such actions.

Remember your own quote, you mentioned this is 2007. If you want them to have some kind of life again you can't do such actions.

Not sure why 2007 matters in your argument against mine, but legislators can do whatever they want to sex offenders. They can hinder their lives as they see fit. I'm nice enough to condone them being placed back into society along with some restrictions to theoretically prevent them from repeating their crime(s).

If you think my ideas (ones I don't fully support but mention in jest) are bad, be thankful I'm not a legislator.

What are your ideas?

Not sure why 2007 matters in your argument against mine, but legislators can do whatever they want to sex offenders. They can hinder their lives as they see fit. I'm nice enough to condone them being placed back into society along with some restrictions to theoretically prevent them from repeating their crime(s).

If you think my ideas (ones I don't fully support but mention in jest) are bad, be thankful I'm not a legislator.

What are your ideas?

Lock them up with all the other inmates (let them feel what being violated feels like). I don't care for these animals on the streets.

I don't understand all the sex-offender legislation that is always trying to be passed.

What about murderers? We let them out and don't put all these restrictions on their life to re-enter society?

What about people like those that ran Enron? So, when they get out of jail, will they be restricted from ever earning more money than minimum wage?

What about people who are speeding? They are driving a huge hunk of metal that is endangering everyone around them when they can't obey the speed limit. Heck, we don't even take their license away until several instances of breaking the law.

I can't begin to imagine what I would feel if anything happened to my little girl, but as long as we have a justice system in it's current form, I'll never feel that these restrictions are right. They did the crime, just like stealing all the Enron employee's retirement funds, and they did their time in jail. After their time, they should be treated in the same manner as any other person that has been incarcerated.

What about people who are speeding? They are driving a huge hunk of metal that is endangering everyone around them when they can't obey the speed limit. Heck, we don't even take their license away until several instances of breaking the law.
Please do not say speeding is the same boat as murderers and child molesters. I guess professional racers are equal to those untrained people on the freeway, weeving in and out of traffic. :rolleyes:

Please do not say speeding is the same boat as murderers and child molesters. I guess professional racers are equal to those untrained people on the freeway, weeving in and out of traffic. :rolleyes:

I would never say that they are the same. However, they are breaking the law, and by breaking the law they are endangering the lives of others.

I guess I should have used drunk drivers as an example instead of people speeding. Why we let anyone continue to drive after being caught driving under the influence even a single time is beyond me, and a much larger concern to my life and those I know than sex offenders.

I would never say that they are the same. However, they are breaking the law, and by breaking the law they are endangering the lives of others.

I guess I should have used drunk drivers as an example instead of people speeding. Why we let anyone continue to drive after being caught driving under the influence even a single time is beyond me, and a much larger concern to my life and those I know than sex offenders.

I agree with almost everything you've said thus far, but my dad was caught drinking under the influence, and was put in jail for a few days. But since then he's not drank an ounce of alcohol, and it's been over 5 years.

Plus isn't there some sort of license plate that people put on their car if they get caught DUI twice? Or am I wrong?

Plus isn't there some sort of license plate that people put on their car if they get caught DUI twice? Or am I wrong?

No, there is. It's a solid rust, orange color if I remember correctly. Would be funny to give sex offenders a special shirt or somethin' to wear.

Was a good point about how we let murderers go back out into society. We don't keep any tabs on them. We have to trust the parole board's judgement that the criminals are mentally and physically able to return to society with (theoretically) no chance of killing again.

So do we trust their judgements? Not really. Virtually impossible to know for sure that a criminal has changed his or her ways unless we fall into a Minority Report kind of society. And even 'good' people can go bad.

Back