Severe instability

You know, I tried to help someone last week with a DS3, I believe, and we went through alot of things, with no results;

Then the next day he e-mails, and says the board was shorting out because of a cpu heat sink metal mount underneath the board; go figure - I couldn't believe it.

My point is, sometimes you just don't know about the crazy things that can screw up a nice new install; I'm not saying that's the case here, but, crazy stuff like this happens; bad cables, bent capacitors, whatever...........

M

Thanks for your input, I can take out the motherboard later tonight and see about anything underneath, but I would find it hard to believe if that were the case.

I also checked and made sure that all my drivers were up to date, all were.

I also upped the voltage of the RAM. I have gone as far as 2.1 or so with no luck. The timings are set at 5-5-5-15 if I recall correctly.

I have already been told to purchase a new motherboard by my father, but I would really like to be positive the problem is the mobo. I don't want to waste another 150 bucks.

I just reassembled the computer and still the same problems. Unless someone else has any ideas I am just going to order a new motherboard when I can afford it.

Back