Severe hitching with UT3.......

Sipster

Gawd
I've installed the patch but have a serious hitching, freezing problem. The game runs like butter but every couple of minutes, it freezes for about 5-8 seconds and then it's fine again for another couple minutes. Very frustrating.....

Also, what is the proper FOV settings in this game for a 16:10 monitor?

I get the same stuff. I hate it. Especially when the map first starts, and about halfway through it. The demo had no stutter, so WTF?

Yeah, the demo played just fine so I don't get it. And the audio cutting out during map loading is just BS.

Of course it is my problem but that is not the answer I want to hear. I spend $600 on a video card because Microsoft said DX10 will be a revolutionary step in gaming......

DX10 "will" be a great step in gaming. The thing is that the game creators really need to learn how to code in DX10 alot better. It is a learning curve (just like DX9 was back in the day) and you will start to see better stuff late next year/early 2009. And all of this that I am putting here is just a short version of what alot of industry people have been saying since Nvidia launched the DX10 cards.

I haven't had any hitching yet after installing the new 169.21 beta drivers from nvidia.

The proper FOV setting is 100.

Back