several corrupted files CANNOT REPAIR INSTALL OR CLEAN INSTALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loser_guy

Limp Gawd
I have an asus g50vt x2, with windows vista 64 bit.

I can't install almost anything, some programs will, but only a few. I usually get error 1392 or some similar errors.

chkdsk finds errors but can't fix, system file checker stops at 6%, doing /verifyonly comes up with several errors. System restore won't work thanks to the corrupted files. When I put my recovery cd's (that i already had to use to reinstall vista once a week after I got the thing) I get nothing but a screen that looks like a low-res version of the login screen with only the mouse, no menu that I know used to be there.

I've been trying to fix this for over a month now. Please tell me there is a way to fix this POS.

here's a screen shot of the error.

my.php

Done some looking and C: windows\installer doesn't show, so i tried typing t directly and it said it's corrupt and unreadable. is there anyway to fix this without repairing the installation or format since I'm unable to do either?

i was in the same boat.. than win 7 beta came out and i took a chance and guess what.. no problems.. that will help you delay the need to reformat for a while.

SHOUTING IN THREAD TITLES is not allowed. You can repost your original issue, but please don't expect the mods here to clean up after you when you don't follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back