• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Setup RAID 1 after Windows Install?

B737Capt

n00b
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
57
I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium and two Maxtor 300Gb SATA hard drives. One of them already has Windows XP Pro installed on it. Is it possible to setup a hardware (nvidia raid controller) RAID Mirror/1 configuration without reinstalling Windows? If so, how do I do it?
 
B737Capt said:
I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium and two Maxtor 300Gb SATA hard drives. One of them already has Windows XP Pro installed on it. Is it possible to setup a hardware (nvidia raid controller) RAID Mirror/1 configuration without reinstalling Windows? If so, how do I do it?
AFAIK, I don't think so. You would be using a different driver for that specific controller in non-RAID mode, and to use the RAID functionality you would have to have the RAID driver installed. That would effectively render your installation useless if you change the method in the BIOS.

I could be totally wrong though; I don't have that board.
 
Back
Top