• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

settings for best music quality

Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
928
i finally have some decent speakers and denon amp connected to my audigy 2 zs. I still play games and consider music 2nd priority. I have been getting into listening to DVD-audio and things of that nature and was wondering, with having too many different options of changing the sound signal between my computer and amp, what are some that you use. For example, dolby stereo out to DTS NEO:music? dolby 5.1 to stereo? stereo analog to stereo? dolby stereo to stereo? There are simply too many to try.. my speakers are 5.1 and was thinking of just the 2 mains for music, not all 5. I have listened to analog and digital and actually think that analog beats digital for music. Any suggestions? Are there any other cards besides this hunk of junk that i am using? I play WoW and fps besides the music.
 
Typically, a stereo source sounds best when played in stereo. A 5.1 sounds best when kept as 5.1, etc. etc.

Then again, even a simple term like "sound quality" has different meanings to everyone. At the end of the day, stick with what sounds best to your ears ;)
 
I agree. I've played around with the surround audio modes on my receiver, which are the same as yours from what I can see, and I found that the stereo to multichannel modes were very gimmicky. Circle Surround - Music was the best of them, but it put way too much emphasis on bass and treble. In the end, after using multi-channel stereo and CS:M for about 2 weeks, I've gone back to stereo with LFE redirection to my sub.

For surround sound, definitely keep it in whatever speaker quantity it's supposed to have, unless you have a 6.1 or 7.1 and you use DTS or PL2x to matrix out the extra one or two channels.
 
thanks for the input. yeah music sounds damn good in analog stereo. hehehe all this money spent for a digital 5.1 system and i am appreciating the exact opposite. if only i could get my subwoofer to work in games at least a little bit...what a waste
 
Seraphim974 said:
thanks for the input. yeah music sounds damn good in analog stereo. hehehe all this money spent for a digital 5.1 system and i am appreciating the exact opposite. if only i could get my subwoofer to work in games at least a little bit...what a waste

Just set your receiver to THX mode, if available. That will redirect bass from all the channels to the sub. Also, in the audigy options make sure that you have bass redirection enabled, and crank the gain on the sub, otherwise you really won't be getting much LFE.
 
Back
Top