Settings by Screen Resolution and Connection Type

• Thread starter Deleted member 278999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 278999

Hello,

I have a television that we hook up to a desktop to stream Netflix and occasionally play video games and I'm having a few problems.

The television is 1080p and connected via HDMI and the monitor is 1440p and connected with DisplayPort.

The most pressing problem is that when I want to play games on the television, image quality settings need to be adjusted by hand to meet the change of resolution. And when I want to go back it has to be done again. Is there a program that will swap a settings file out as resolution changes? Or a way to do this within the Nvidia control panel?

The next problem is screen tearing. I don't know what is happening as the display settings have been adjusted, but for the life of me I cannot get screen tearing on the television to stop when a GSYNC monitor is connected. The monitor is the primary display set at 144hz which seems to lock in the refresh rate of the television at 144hz as well when it is connected. I've tried setting up VSYNC both in game and in the control panel, but I believe what's happening is that regardless of what is happening with the GSYNC monitor, the television is still getting 144hz from the computer which is out of sync and causes massive tearing. I mean I thought I knew what screen tearing was before which is why I bought a GSYNC monitor, but this is screen tearing on a whole 'nother level. The screen literally looks like stacked brick work.

The last problem is that whenever I have the television hooked up to the graphics card via HDMI and monitor hooked up by DisplayPort the system uses whatever is hooked up via HDMI as the primary display and will not display anything whatever is hooked up by DisplayPort. The only way I've been able to fix this is by hooking the television up to the HDMI Out of the on-board graphics.

Sorry for the cluster of problems. Perhaps the best solution is to run everything through Steam Link. I have one, I just prefer not to use it when possible due to noticeable latency.

Your last two problems are related.

You say that the only way to get the TV and monitor to work is hook up the TV to the on-board HDMI. You are also having issues with the TV showing tearing while the GSYNC monitor is connected.

The tearing is because you are running the game from the on-board graphics not your discrete card. Your discrete card can only output to it's ports, not those on the motherboard.

If this isn't the case you need to outline exactly how you have everything connected for each scenario. Also I'm assuming this is all related to the system in your sig.

Your last two problems are related.

You say that the only way to get the TV and monitor to work is hook up the TV to the on-board HDMI. You are also having issues with the TV showing tearing while the GSYNC monitor is connected.

The tearing is because you are running the game from the on-board graphics not your discrete card. Your discrete card can only output to it's ports, not those on the motherboard.

If this isn't the case you need to outline exactly how you have everything connected for each scenario. Also I'm assuming this is all related to the system in your sig.

Yes this is all related to the system in my signature. The problem occurs when all of the displays are connected to the discrete graphics card. Connecting the television to the discrete graphics card was simply a way to bypass the post issue :)

Back