• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Setting up Raid 0 with Ide and SATA Question

cross56

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
147
Hi everyone, I have a question about setting up raid 0 with an IDE 160 on the IDE to SATA adapter. Can I set up a raid with an ide drive on a ide to serial adapter, with a SATA 160 drive? On a NForce 2 mobo? Will I have problems and will it even work? Any help would be great. Thanks
 
You could and it may even work for a time BUT.........

Useing an adapter adds one more failure point into the system and any failure equals loss of all data on the drives.
If it an onboard raid controler then changeing your mobo will probably equal loss of all data on the drives.
They would probably both work at the speed of the slowest drive so you won't see any speed gain in real life.

I would just keep them as two single drives.

Luck......... :D
 
Back
Top