Setting Up Printer And Soundcard..Need Help

EliteForces

Limp Gawd
Alright so I just dual booted linspire off my partition that i had set aside...ok so i get into setting up the printer and well its connected to a router and then the ethernet cable goes to my comp..so i make it so it is set as that..and it asks for the IP address the printer is at and the port..im not too sure of this..is it my normal ip addy or my gateway addy?

second I have a soundblaster live! card and i cant run any music off it..its just not playing any music..however when i connect the speakers to my mobo it plays it perfectly...any tips?

EliteForces said:
Alright so I just dual booted linspire off my partition that i had set aside...ok so i get into setting up the printer and well its connected to a router and then the ethernet cable goes to my comp..so i make it so it is set as that..and it asks for the IP address the printer is at and the port..im not too sure of this..is it my normal ip addy or my gateway addy?

I THINK its looking for a networked printer. If the printer is directly connected to your machine via USB/Parallel try looking for options to install a local printer. I know next to nothing about linspire FYI.

EliteForces said:
second I have a soundblaster live! card and i cant run any music off it..its just not playing any music..however when i connect the speakers to my mobo it plays it perfectly...any tips?
Perhaps try to disable the onboard sound in the bios and see if it picks up the card. If that doesnt work, make sure its loading the EMU10k driver, or at least trying.

run "lsmod" at the command prompt or "modprobe emu10k"
anyway, you probably need to point your media player program to the soundblaster card.
it would be easier to just disable the onboard sound as the above poster suggested.

as for your printer, you say that it's connected to your dsl/cable router? if that is the case than the printer has it's own ip address. you should be able to use your routers web-based configuration to look up the printer IP address. once you have that, it should be a snap to setup your printer.

Back