setting up network on win95?

Smititty

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys i just recieved a slow system for free from my sister that has windows 95......i'm connected on my main rig through my router and into the dsl modem for my internet connection..........cutting to the chase...........on the old slow win95 system i can't seem to get it online......i pretty much set everything up the same as my rig but nothing is working.........any help is greatly appreciated.......

Are you trying to share an internet connection with your main pc? If so, I don't believe Win95 supports ICS.

so ur saying i can't connect to the internet through my dsl router?......does windows 98 allow this?

it should be easy. just make sure tcp/ip is installed and configure properly and the gateway address(router) is correct.

First make sure the network card is working and the drivers are okay. Then run winipcfg and make sure it is getting all the dhcp information from your router(ip address, dns information). After that try pinging other machines on the network and then try pinging machines on the internet.

hey guys....tried pinging myself and my other computer and got an error code 10043 both times for each of the four attempts........i'm confuzzled

have u tried pinging the loopback address (127.0.0.1) that will tell you weather tcp/ip is setup on the network card properly?

Also run ipconfig and tell us what it says

alright.....followed the article and changed only the .386's that they listed......i saw more of them though........and at the time 127.0.0.1 is yielding the ssame error 10043 as other pinging attempts........winipcfg gives me a "fatal error: cannot read ip configuration"......should i go change the other .386's?.......if not are there any other suggestions?......thanks for the help so far guys.........it's y i love the [H]

Back