Setting up HIKvision DS-2CD2032-I to record to WHS2011 server

dar124

[H]ard|Gawd
I posted a similar thread in the Networking section, but havnt received many responses, hopefully someone here can give me some assistance. Thanks in advance.

I recently bought a HIKvision DS-2CD2032-I, got it set up on the corner of my house and have been working thru the iVMS-4200 software. After a bit of configuring I am able to view the camera via the iVMS-4200 program, the Hikvision web app and also remotely on my phone with the iVMS-4500 app.

But now I'm trying to set the camera up to record down to my WHS 2011 server. I am unable to get the HD (folder that I set up on my server) to show it's status as "Normal", it always shows as "Offline" in the iVMS-4200 program. But can navigate to that folder from my PC without any issues.

When I get to the point to Format the HD I get the below error.

22337977739_b7fe72f790_b.jpg

I also included a couple screen shots from the config section of the iVMS program.

22501945792_b937241ec9_b.jpg

22501945712_b6e398b09d_b.jpg

After a bit of searching online, it seems there might be some issue with the disk size that the Hikvision camera needs?? I read something that stated the Hikvision camera cant have a disk larger than 200GB, but I'm not exaclty sure how I would set a share folder to a 200GB size in WHS 2011?? Right now I just created a new shared folder "\\fileserver1\security camera". I have 3 2TB drives pooled into 1 large S drive using Drive Pool and that "Security Camera" folder is a part of that S drive. Not sure how I'd pull 200GB out to make a smaller share??

I think hes right. Try a something about 100gig. My friend has run into these issues with large partitions.

I was looking to purchase 9 Hikvision cameras and build a server with a 4TB RAID array to have all of the cameras record to. Is it true that Hikvision cameras, even using software like Milestone or Blue Iris, won't be able to record to that large partition? If that's true, then why would anyone want to buy Hikvision cameras who would want data retention?

Sorry to hijack, but I just want to clarify since I'm just reading this now.

I was looking to purchase 9 Hikvision cameras and build a server with a 4TB RAID array to have all of the cameras record to. Is it true that Hikvision cameras, even using software like Milestone or Blue Iris, won't be able to record to that large partition? If that's true, then why would anyone want to buy Hikvision cameras who would want data retention?

Sorry to hijack, but I just want to clarify since I'm just reading this now.

They would be fine. Blue IRIS / Milestone is the recording software. It actually deals with the partitions. This guy is trying to record to a fileshare directly without DVR software. We run a few hundred Hik's here at our plant and I love them. We use Milestone and to be its an awesome software. I would recommend it over Blue Iris. Blue Iris is very ghetto compared to the features of Milestone. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Back