• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Setting up Hard drives(Raid0 and non raid)

Scubastevie00

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
200
Alright so I have my two seagate 72gigs setup in RAID0. Now I snaked a Western Digital 120 gig hard drive from a roomate who said he fucked it up(it works fine). Anyways.. I'm going to use this 120 gig for backup. Is this drive being plugged in going to effect boot times and is there a way that I can have my computer forget about it until I need it. IE like unless I need to bring up a file the computer doesn't search through this drives data ect. Or am I just crazy? Thanks guys...
 
the boot time should not be affected at all. As long as it is set to be a slave on the jumpers it should be fine.
 
Alright... ends up I restarted and it tried to boot off that hard drive.. So the computer wouldn't boot. I guess I have to set the jumpers to slave... After I set the jumpers it should boot fine correct? Oh if I use the same IDE cable and connect another IDE HD into the computer under the slave of the double cable will both run as slave into the same IDE port on the motherboard?
 
Back
Top