setting up a wifi network

styleboy

Limp Gawd
So I'm about to setup a point to multi point network and I want to make sure I've figured it out correctly.

Here is the setup:

a main building, building A, contains the wired connection with a linksys befsx41 router for the wireless connection.

What I want to do is shoot a signal with a directional antenna to a building about 120 yards away, building B. In that building I want to put a linksys wap54g access point to cover wireless in that building.

A possibility is to shoot another signal in a different direction from the main building, A, to another access point in building C.

This would take up both antenna spots on the original router, would that hinder performance in that building? My guess is yes. What could I do about that.

Also just to make sure, is that all I would need to make this work? shoot a signal and pick it up with an access point?

Would it be better to just get a repeater or a signal extender?

Im looking to keep the setup cheap and simple. Any suggestions on directional antennas?

anybody? I guess im not going to use a repeater because it cuts your bandwidth in half..

Back