Setting up a rotating IP proxy server?

Restrikted

n00b
I'm creating an web application for students at my college which automatically registers them for classes the moment a spot becomes available. Since our school doesn't offer an API or anything, I have to use php Curl to connect to their servers and get the class information myself (which is publicly available) every couple seconds or so. However, I can safely assume they'll notice someone from the same IP address making requests to their servers this often (and subsequently block it), so I need a way to mask my application. Is there any way to set up a proxy server with rotating IP addresses or some service I can register for that will do this for me? I've looked and found nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like it is time to get in contact with the IT support staff at the college and ask them for their standards on automated query behavior, then comply with their standards in your application.

They may simply work with you to exempt your particular query profile from whatever detection software they are using once they can verify that it doesn't adversely load their servers.

I would do that, but my overall project requires students to share their passwords with me, which is against university rules (apparently we signed something freshman year that says we wouldn't do that). Contacting them is out.

sorry, we can't help you when you're doing something against the TOS of the network you're on/accessing.

Back