Setting up a dual core to run uniprocessor.

dcds1

Gawd
Ok I have finally decided it was time to retire my old duron 950mhz for good. In its place I am putting a Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe with a 3800+X2 Athlon 64 unclocked to 1200 Mhz and 1.125 vcore. I am trying to figure out how to set it up so it can run 2 instances of the uniprocessor code. I have tried adding a 2nd uniproccessor slot but it never shows the 2nd slot. Does anyone know if you can have the uniprocessor code running on each of the cores and how do I set it up. Thanks for any help that I can get.

Which client are you trying to use? Linux or Windows?

since he says slot I'm assuming v7? I'm not sure why that wouldnt work, worked just like that for me

I have a duron 1ghz on the wall at home. That's all I got.

Ok I think I finally have it up and running. I was trying to put in the extra slot options to assign it to a specific core. For some reason I couldn't get it to work. When I went to run the uniprocessor application it would error out and then erase the folding slot.
I just created 2 uniprocessor folding slot with out putting any thing in the extra slot option. I am not sure if each uniprocessor slot is running only on 1 core but atleast they are both up and running finally.
If anyone knows how to force it to run on only a certain core the help would be appreciated. But thanks for replying so far.

just look in your taskmanager, if both cores are at full load then its working as it should, if its just showing both cores at 50% or one at full load then its not working..

Back