Setting Up 3 Monitors LCD

Spike23

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, i have a really good question and after doing some research.
I thought i'd ask the Hard Forum's for some advice. I currently have a Dual Lcd moniter set up for my dad. He would like to now have 3..for stocks etc. So the use of 3 screens will help him out. So upon my research i have found out a adapter called MATROX 2 go. However that lil puppy is like 300 bucks usd wow @_@. So also i figure my alternative would be a PCI graphic card?

So now i need some advice..what would be the best way to get the 3 LCD moniters hooked up to one computer. I have never done this. All i know is either i need that Adapater or some other type of brand adapter...or some type of PCI graphic card. So any help is appreciated.
I hope someone with experience with such a set up can point me in the correct direction.
Thanks =)

If you're not planning on playing games or watching HD video across all three screens, your best and cheapest solution is the PCI card. Any will do, as long as you aren't getting three 30" displays. Three 30" screens will be harder, because you need a PCI card with dual-link DVI- I don't know of any offhand, but I'm sure someone out there has an idea. I'd guess that someone has already made a Radeon HD 2400 PCI.

Ok Thanks man will do.
As for PCI graphic card.....but i am sure is prettry straightforward to install. Since i am still using the AGP gen mobos sticking a pci graphic card shouldn't be a big ordeal.
As well like you said..since its not for gaming or anything, shouldn't be a complication.
I just found out about this card FireMV 2200 PCI <--- that hopefully should do the trick.

Any more feedback is welcome.

So latest update is...

I bought a new moniter lcd...22". Now i need the pci card =) which evidently could not be bought...since more places i went does not carry these pci graphic cards anymore..
So now...this blows..anyone know a good place for a PCI video card? OR a good adapter besides matrox.

So latest update is...

I bought a new moniter lcd...22". Now i need the pci card =) which evidently could not be bought...since more places i went does not carry these pci graphic cards anymore..
So now...this blows..anyone know a good place for a PCI video card? OR a good adapter besides matrox.
try search at ebay and other sites, i think there have a lots of this stuff:cool:

and i think, that device is called monitor not moniter :D :D

i just bought a matrox triple head 2 go for 130.00...... i got a good deal.:D

they can usually be found on newegg
also pcconnection and cdw should have some pci cards also.

Here is a choice of 33 PCI cards, prices: $13.99 - $379.99.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?page=1&Nav=|c:319|&Sort=4&Recs=30

My God that $13.99 Diablotek ATI Rage XL / 8MB SDRAM / PCI / VGA / Low Profile / Video Card is awsome!!!

Look at some of those reviews:

REVIEW BY: BriMan25 Reviewed Aug 10, 2007
This card is awesome!!!! Who needs two XFX 8800 Ultra's running in SLI when you can have this thing, which smokes anything else on the market. Runs all the latest titles, including GRAW 2. Also, this card has full Vista support. With 8 MB of SDRAM you'll have plenty of power. Not to mention that blazing fast 83 Mhz core clock. This card is a gamers must!!!

:D:D:D

WOW!

can you imagine if you could SLI those bad boy's?

i mean, 4 free pci slots, four of them running in QUAD SLI! sick.:p

seriously though.

the triple head 2 go is a very good solution for 3 monitor setp, and i understand the digital version allows 3 widescreens. i saw custom resolution .ini files on matrox's site. as far as that goes, they prolly work on the analog version as well. i really didnt look into it that much though, as mine are standard models.... (not wide)

i prolly wouldnt have bought the TH2Go, as its listed here in canada at around 350.00 locally, but a fellow OC'er sold me mine at the price i quoted earlier. i figured i'd give it a go, as it was cheap enough. im keeping it :)

If you have sli with 2 pci-e cards. Could you not use 3 dvi ports on the 2 cards?

WOW!
the triple head 2 go is a very good solution for 3 monitor setp, and i understand the digital version allows 3 widescreens. i saw custom resolution .ini files on matrox's site. as far as that goes, they prolly work on the analog version as well. i really didnt look into it that much though, as mine are standard models.... (not wide)
Even the digital version doesn't necessarily let your use widescreen monitors. The problem is with DirectX, I think. IIRC The max resolution in DX9 is 4096x4096 which means the 3x1280x1024 fills that up to the limit. DX10 doubles that limit, so you could theoretically use 3 30" widescreens but I have no idea if the TH2G supports higher resolutions with DX10.

If you have sli with 2 pci-e cards. Could you not use 3 dvi ports on the 2 cards?
No. When you use SLI you become constrained to a single monitor. This is a current limitation of SLI. CrossfireX, on the other hand, lets you hook up as many as you have connections for. There's a youtube video of Flight Simulator X being run on 8 monitors with a Quadfire system.

Back