setting the computer as network administrator?

I have this problem, recently I just got "LanShutDown" http://www.lantricks.com/files_e.php#load_lanshutdown

and I'm recently running 4 computers on a single Linksys router BEFSR41, and what I want to do is also shut down the computers from my computer, when I try, I get the message telling me that I need to have administrative rights. how do I go about setting myself as the network administrator?

go to each box and make the admin password the same on all boxes including yours.

or create a new account with administrative rights on each box that is the same user name and password as your box

or if your in a Active directory structure just add your self to domain admins and everything should work fine

Don't forget, dude...

There's a command for just that (once you get the credentials fixed):

shutdown /?

I typically use the gui since I just got used to shutting down remote machines that way.

shutdown -i

Your not a network administrator per se when you follow Vanskaters good advice. Your simply a local admin on that remote box. Using the credentials on your local machine that match that administrator account on the remote machine allows you to perform administrative actions on it. As well as do various network stuff as well.

\\computername\c$ for instance.

Vanskater said:
go to each box and make the admin password the same on all boxes including yours.

or create a new account with administrative rights on each box that is the same user name and password as your box

or if your in a Active directory structure just add your self to domain admins and everything should work fine

where do I go in each box to set admin password?

Back