Setting floor speakers upside down.

Obiwanshinobi900

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
330
So I'm a bit cramped for space. I have my 5.1 surround sound system that includes 2 Polk Audio R50 floor speakers. Theyre on both sides of my pc desk and get in the way. I read somewhere that tweeters sound best when they are at ear level. Well if I flipped the floorspeakers upside down and put them on top of my desk they would still be at ear level.

This couldn't cause any potential problems or break my speakers could they? When they sound different just because they are upside down?

I decided I'd ask you guys first before making a stupid mistake and breaking my speakers.
 
you will not hurt them but it might sound weird lol.

try it. if you hate it, try something else.
 
Well, I use them as my computer speakers and my home theater speakers, my entire bedroom is centered around my computer desk. Including my bed, where all the movies are watched from, so as of right now the speakers are pointed to the desk, I figure if I can put them on top of the desk I can angle them towards the bed.
 
Back
Top