Setting CAS on GA8I875 Ultra

lRaphl

Weaksauce
Hi!

I just got this board with a P43.0E and 1GB Corsair DDR400 Twinx C2. The problem is that when I run cpuz (v1.23), it says the memory run at 3-3-3-8 instead of 2-3-3-6. I tried to find the memory settings in the bios and I can't find a single place where I can change the CAS settings.

Is there anyone here who can help me with this?

Thank you.

Ok, I tried to load Optimized settings in the BIOS with no results at all. I still can't find a place in the BIOS where I can change it and Gigabyte give no answers (as usual!). This board seems to be a lot like the GA8KNXP, so maybe the BIOS has the same kind of options. Any one with a GA8KNXP or a GA8I875 Ultra (or not ultra) who can help me on this?

Thank you.

Hit Ctrl + F1 to when your on the main BIOS screen. This will unlock the rest of the more advanced features which includes setting your RAM timings.

One thing i've got 400MHz memory but it's running at 333MHz for some reason, what's the best way to correct this?

Cause reseting the CMOS just ain't working for me

A big thank you!! You've been faster than Gigabyte tech support (not really hard to beat... ;) ). Anyway, here is what they had to say about it:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kindly mail and supporting Gigabyte.
About the issue you mentioned in your earlier mail, please kindly press DEL key while system POST to run BIOS setup program. When you see the BIOS MAIN MENU, please press CTRL+F1 key to enable advanced BIOS setup features. If success, the screen will flicker, then you will find more options in the BIOS later.

At last, we apology if our past service was not satisfactory. Due to the vast amounts of questions we receive daily, we understand the inconvenience of waiting for e-mail responses. If you still have any further question or suggestion about our product, please do not hesitate to contact with us. Thanks again for your understanding, and please receive our sincerely apology.

******** Thank you for supporting Gigabyte products ***********

Back