Settin up windows xp which sata drivers

bosstone74

Limp Gawd
I'm setting up windows xp with a motherboard MSI KT6V-LSR
problem is when it ask for the sata drivers I press F6 and then it ask for the for the drivers. I went to the MSI web site and download a file...but it's much to big for the floppy. So I tried some of the files but can't figure out specifically which ones to use.

any help ??

thanks!

it is either a folppy creation utility, or it has the XP drivers in there somewhere, most likely in a folder called "XP"

if you take the XP folder and just xopy its contents to a floppy, when windows asks for the drivers after you hit f6 and that floppy is in the drive, it should recognize them and give you the options for the driver to use. there may be more than one driver option, in which case you just choose the one for the SATA controller that you know your motherboard has.

Even if you skip over the F6 part, when windows installs it will automatically detect them as SATA's. At least mine did.

abudhu said:
Even if you skip over the F6 part, when windows installs it will automatically detect them as SATA's. At least mine did.

oh yeah, forgot about that, XP has native support for SATA. you only need the f6 for RAID.

if your problem is that windows setup isn't seeing the drives at all for you to install to, you might have to change your BIOS settings. the manual for the board should be pretty specific about what setting you need for what drive/ide/sata config.

Back