SetPoint not detecting apps

M'ichal

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

So I got the G700 and it's a cool mouse but the SetPoint software won't detect applications and switch profiles automatically. I tried it with Batman AA, Crysis and Dirt 2 (2 steam games and 1 non-steam) and none work.

I'm running Vista 32bit, SetPoint version 5.46.10, Driver 5.3314

Anybody experiecned this?

I had similar problems to what you are describing for a while with setpoint and bf3. None of my custom mapped keys in the profile would be recognized in-game unless I uninstalled and reinstalled the setpoint software. That would work for one session of gaming, but would reset every time I had to long in to the damn web-based server thing for bf3... ughh.

What I finally figured out was that older versions of setpoint worked just fine, and that only the newer (5.x) versions had problems. I'm currently using setpoint 4.80.103 and driver 4.82.11 and that seems to be working well. You might want to grab an older version and try it out.

ok, i might try that. I kinda hate the idea of creating the new profiles again...last time I used Import, it failed :(

If I select the profile manually or via the Profile button on the mouse, it works fine. It seems it's the auto-detection piece that's failing.

Thank you for your input.

So I went to play BF3 again after a while and my old mouse problems actually came back - BF3 wasn't recognizing any of my application profiles.

I finally fixed the problem by enabling administrator rights for all the programs involved (bf3, origin, and setpoint). You might try doing the same on your end for setpoint and the games in question, maybe it will clear things up for you.

Ok, will try that, thanks.

Does it work for you for other games? I think mine detects Far Cry 2 properly, which is strange, cause it's a Steam app. I thought maybe the issue would persist for all Steam games but it does not seem to be the pattern.

I will also try to post something on the Logitech forums.

Skyrim is really the only other game I'm playing right now, and I don't use a profile for that at the moment. If I remember to do it I will test it out for you tonight with a quick profile and see if I have the same issues I was having in BF3.

Tried the admin rights, but does not seem to work. Have yet to post on Logitech forums - I found posts from other users regarding similar issues and there aren't many concrete responses from Logitech. Disappointing. I guess I'll just deal with the manual switching for now until they releae a new version or something.

Last edited:
Back