SETI@Home Wow!-Event 2018

Setifan

n00b
Logo2016.png

SETI.Germany invite Team

[H]ard|OCP

to the SETI@Home Wow!-Event 2018. It takes place from 15th August, 16.00 UTC, until 29th August 2018, 16.00 UTC.
We cordially ask all team leaders to forward the invitation to their team. Information about the Wow! Race 2018, an exciting race concept and a registration form can be found here:
http://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/anmeldung.php?&lang=en
SETI.Germany wishes you and your team members much fun with the Wow! Event 2018.

Many Greetings: SETI.Germany

Email just sent to all 359 of our registered SETI teammates. Maybe we will get a few of them stopping into the forums to say hello.

I have never even registered on the page and I'm not entirely sure how to lol

I know. I have never registered as a SETI user. Therefore I don't have the first two required fields.

Ahh...gotcha. Multiple ways of doing it. I recommend merely using BAM! for simplicity with all projects. If anyone else needs help, post up!

Yeah...this one breaks it up into multiple categories. So, you can root by team, by individual, or by sign.

Oh..and Cancer sucks!.... :sneaky:

I registered last night and my team says no team. Interesting. Refreshed about 40 times and no beuno. Might need to shoot them an email.

Since you just joined within the last 24 hours, it may take a bit to register. If it doesn't within a day or two, we may need to reach out to them to take a look.

Just joined the joined [H]ardOCPcancer team

Oh, and mates, please try to beat me up this year; I don't feel comfortable on spot #1 :bag:. Its simple; just get more points and push me down :notworthy:

btw, do you have a simple instruction for running multiple boinc instances on linux?

You're awesome. Not good in linux myself(y)

BTW, no urgency. Take your own sweet time...Maybe put this in DC guides.

Well I registered just in case I decide to participate.

What hardware is best at seti? What do I need to throw at it? I have some hardware reenforcements that will hopefully soon make an appearance.

NVIDIA-GPU are sure some point maker ... CPU works too; but the usual lower-point-outcome. Though every points count. And if you have more CPU then GPU, then all CPU you have ...

Registered. Sure wish the Threadripper 2990X would be released by then, so I could throw 64 more threads at this contest.

We are 11 days away. Those bunkering should already be doing so. Those that have not signed themselves up yet need to do so as this competition requires each person to do so rather than just the team as a whole.

Just looked.

I'm in 1st place. But then so is everyone else.

But I'm listed 1st first for some reason.

Get crunching?

I've been crunching for about a week. I've got 120 tasks with less than 60 minutes to go, 30 with between 60 mins and 90 mins to go, and 50 with more than 90 mins to go.

Is there around the task limit of 100 per machine?
Yes, there is a limit of 100 CPU and 100 GPU tasks per machine.

Back