Service to (legally) download TV/Movies?

Ashton

2[H]4U
Is there a service akin to Napster/Rhapsody/etc that lets you download whole movies/tv shows for 1 flat monthly fee? I dont mean that streams the video (my connection is good (1.5mbps) but hates streaming video...) I dont care if they play dirty like napster and make all your downloads unuseable if you drop the service, but I want to acctually watch them off my HD.

itunes is about the only one I know. It's not a flat monthly fee, but you can get season passes for your favorite shows.

Other than that there's also this thing called 'cable TV' and I hear there's even 'satellite tv' now ;)

I'll check out the links, thanks!

and lang, I acctually am too far out in the mountains to get cable, and so many mountains around that I cant pick up satelite! I'm SoL unless I can get it over the 'net!

I find it amusing to see "legal" downloads for TV. I guess in this age of DVR's I have a hard time imagining paying for tv.

Did you pay for your recorder? How about cable or satelite?

Recording is inconvenient, and limited by what's currently playing. It's so last century. By downloading you get what you want when you want it.

Back