service menu for Benq GW2255 ?

vibe

[H]ard|Gawd
I know the higher end BL line of Benq monitors have a service menu with MENU+POWER

but it doesn't seem to work on this lower end GW2255

need to turn off that damn purple splash screen - it is seizure inducing !!! :(

anyone have an idea of alternative button combos to try?

google is not being helpful in this case

oh wait, sure enough, after I used MENU+POWER to start it with no results

I just went and held down MENU for a few seconds and I got the service menu

awesome - much happier now

I don't suppose there is any way from service menu to dial down the backlight even further than the lowest current setting? Not sure why they don't let it lower.

If it helps anyone - from Amazon August 2015 panel is AU-T215HVN01 V0 and I don't believe there is any PWM even at lowest brightness but unfortunately that brightness doesn't go very low. Sure you can adjust it from your video card but there is no power savings that way.

It also says the scaler is REALTEK 2281RW

works fine with a $1 ebay DVI - HDMI adapter though I had to tell my video card to center timings to get 1920x1080 (no scaling needed/processed)

Last edited:
You need to use SoftMCCS to do that
Theoretically, you can reduce backlight intensity below 0. However I can't get the command line to work in SoftMCCS even on my XL series benq. You enter the command like 03 FA 00 0F (03=write) but nothing happens.. Like the commands get ignored....and I enter it under "command-line editor" and nothing happens.

The "SoftAPI command processor is different.....don't know what to enter there...

You need to use SoftMCCS to do that
Theoretically, you can reduce backlight intensity below 0.

thanks for pointing out that program, fascinating

looking at hte ddc/ci log it says for

zero luminance: 02:48:45.3592B..... <6E:w> 51 84 03 10 00 00 A8 [P]

one luminance: 02:49:32.76634..... <6E:w> 51 84 03 10 00 01 A9 [P]

max (99) lumi: 02:50:10.9064F..... <6E:w> 51 84 03 10 00 63 CB [P]

not sure what part of that is query vs response

I can't even get softMCCS to work on my XL2720Z, though.
I mean it works but I can't send any commands through the command line editor "like 01 (read) or 03 (write), etc. The softapi command processor "works" but only if you know what the actual commands are...

For example if I issue a read (03) command to set luminance to 40, nothing happens at all. Even the DDC log shows nothing if I try it.

Back