• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ServeRAID M1015 cables

tombew

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
232
I got a ServeRAID M1015 SAS RAID 46M0861PCIe from ebay.
I ordered the wrong cables from Amazon.

I want to connect SATA (SATA3) drives to a new build.
Could someone take pity on me an point me to the correct cables?
- either model number, or Amazon link.

Thanks

BTW, I am also confused if this card does SATA at 6Gb SATA 3 rate, of is actually SATA 2 when used with SATA drives.
 
Thanks - I never thought to look there, even though I buy other cables from Monoprice.
 
Perfect! I also ordered an m1015 and I will order a norco 4224. What kind of cables do I need for the norco backplanes? I will have an SAS expander in the norco. From the expander I will connect cables to each backplane. What kind of cables?

I will use the norco as a JBOD. Inside the Norco there will only be disks. The m1015 will be in my PC. I will use the Chenbro CK23601 expander inside the norco. It can be powered by a molex. So I connect the PC to the norco via SFF 8088? And from the expander to each backplane in the norco, via... SFF8087?

I know nothing of this stuff, I got inspired by you guys, so please pity me too, and point to correct cables?

YES I am going to buy my norco soon! Thanks to you guys! :)
 
Back
Top