Server2k3 Question

murph

Limp Gawd
Ok, please bear with me, as I'm a little new to this area, but...I have 2 servers, both on the same domain, both domain controllers. On server1 I have created some new users however when I look in the users list on server2, they are not showing up at all.

If anyone has done this before, its one of the exercises from the MCSE study guides, and I'm lost at the moment.

Can someone point me in the right direction at least ?

Thanks,
Murph

Make sure both DCs are in the same Site.

To check this, go to the Active Directory Sites and Services i think it is.

You can try and force replication.
Did you go through the Active Directory Setup Wizard when you installed both DC's?

Here is what our Domain looks like. I force every once in a while, but honestly, any 2K or above server will replicate New Users/Passwords almost immediately.

NT was the 15 minute lag whore :D

FORCEREPLICATION.JPG

I sort of figured it out, not really but apparently they just didn't replicate even though I forced it, or so I thought. Like I said, I'm still a little new to this end of things, but thank you for the assistance.

-Murph

Originally posted by Wrench00
MCSE = MineSweeper Certified and Soltaire Expert

Somedays I feel like that's all my 2 MCSE's are worth.. today being one of those days.. damn Metaframe and AD are being bitches.. :mad: Other than that, I'm damn good at Minesweeper :D

Back