Server Partitions

CeD

Limp Gawd
Hey All,

i have a server which has several partitions. I'd like to consolidate these partitions. Is there a safe way to do this with disk magic or something? Or is there always a risk/downfall when using this method instead of fdisk, or windows setup?

Originally posted by CeD
Hey All,

i have a server which has several partitions. I'd like to consolidate these partitions. Is there a safe way to do this with disk magic or something? Or is there always a risk/downfall when using this method instead of fdisk, or windows setup?

Need more details as to what is generally on each partition before anyone can say if it would be relatively safe.

There are always risks when you perform such procedures, but they can be minimized, the first step you should take before doing anything is to backup your server.

There are two partitions which are empty. I'd like to combine those with a partition where all the network shares are residing.

Originally posted by axdx
Partition Magic will not run on a server.

He never said what OS he was running; it may not even be a server OS. What OS are you running?

Upgrade all partitions to NTFS, then convert the disk to a dynamic drive, then partitions are resizable.

Back