• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Server-Manager Conflict

8lack8rain

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
372
Hello all. Running dd-wrt for 6 months now but have a new issue that I'm trying to get past. I've been tinkering on a small home server with static ip running SME server (which is based off of CentOS-->Redhat). I set up the router to do port forward from the ip to the server. Also, enabled the server to do remote access through SSH.

The website works no problem. From the local ip as well as the static ip. For example http://ip-address/ gets me the web page..using port forwarding.

Also, allowed port 22 for https to the server. Unfortunately, https://Static-Ip-address/server-manager/ gets me dd-wrt "control panel". Argh. Is this a normal conflict. Is there a way to fix this? Basically trying to get remote access to server using https. BTW from the local side of the router, I can get server manager.

Running Buffalo WHR-125 with Firmware: DD-WRT v24 Beta (08/15/07) std.
 
Under Management, Remote Access turn off the web access.

Pretty much you have your router set where you can configure it from the wan port. You really should have that disabled anyway but in this case the router is pushing its https service over the port forward you programmed in.
 
OK this is what I see:

Administration --> Management --> Web Access
protocol [*] HTTP [ ]HTTPS
enable info site [ ] enable [*]disable

Administration --> Management --> Remote Access
Web GUI Management [ ]enable [*]disable
SSH Management [ ]enable [*]disable (both greyed out)

I did try unchecking http under protocol and lost the ability to log into the router completely. Aparantly this is sometimes tricky to reset. Especially with hardware that is "mostly supported" - Hehe. It is back after much swearing :).

As a result I still have the website thru port forwarding and "unable to conect" for http://static-ip/server-manager. Local ip/server-manager does get me in to the server. So at least no more dd-wrt interference from the static ip.
 
Humm it should not be brining up the dd-wrt stuff on the wan port(external address) if the remote access is turned off. Are you checking from outside the network?

Also https uses port 443. If you are trying to force it over port 22 you need https://serverip:22/server-manager to tell it to use a non-default port(sorry I didn't catch that one at first)
 
"it should not be brining up the dd-wrt stuff on the wan port(external address) if the remote access is turned off"
If you are referring to the dd-wrt "contol panel", It is no longer doing that.

As a side note, from the server settings: Secure Shell Settings for the server are enabled. TCP port for secure shell access is currently 22 (default). Will change it later. Sorry, I guess i thought https and secure shell were the same? As a test I enabled 443 port and did not get through either.

"Are you checking from outside the network?"
By using the actual static ip, I believe I am accessing it from outside. My brother also checked for me, from a different location with the same results for the static. Obviously, he is not on my local network so he cannot verify those. I'm wondering if Advanced routing would do anything?

For example:

local ip = website works.
static-ip/ = website works (had to set up port forward).

local-ip/server-manager/ = admin back end works.
static-ip/server-manager/ = unable to connect.
 
OK wait a minute now. When I type static-ip:22/server-manager/ it says:

"This address is restricted

This address uses a network port which is normally used for purposes other than Web browsing. Firefox has canceled the request for your protection."

So maybe I change the port and/or check my browser settings...
 
Well I guess this is going some where. By changing the port and investigating firefox settings has had no change on the issue. Still unable to remote access the server. But feel like I'm getting closer. Thank you swatbat for the help. I will try a little googling as well.
 
Back
Top