Server issues loading

Abula

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, I need some ideas, i been runing WHSv1 for 2 years now (check sig for complete specs), but once every 4 to 6 months the server fails to start, but its very weird, its like the mobo or the hba forget to load, and it gets stalled where the HBAs load initially, and never allow to load windows.

The first time that it happened (like 6 months ago), i removed the HBAs, disconnected the hdds (from power), and try to load, still the same thing, until i reseted the cmos, then reinstalled the hbas and hdds and all perfect again, whs loaded like never happen.

I though it was a one thing thing, but yesterday it happen again, im just wondering if i have something incorrectly setup in the hbas or in mobo bios that its causing this failure to load, so i come to you for some ideas. Let me know if you need anything screenshots or extra info.

Thanks again for your time,

Does it stall getting into Windows or before it gets a chance?
If its the former the event logs in Windows for that boot might give some ideas.
If its the latter then I guess you can look in the BIOS setup to see things like the PCIE slot configuration. If you aren't booting from the HBA you should be able to disable the Option ROM for example. Not exactly an expert in this area so hopefully others can leap in if I am incorrect.

Thanks for the reply haileris.

Its stalled before i can see the windows load.

Im not sure this is the reason or just an aftermath of my issue, but when the server is running fine the LEDs on the HBAs and MOBO light alternated (in order i think but not light up at the same time). Both times that i had this issue the mobo and the 1st hba leds light up together, im assuming like its an IRQ thing... idk, but maybe this could be usefull for someone here to can tell me what to do. Here is a pic of what i mean about the LED,

supermicrolights.png

Back