Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I get it... Let me clarify since I think I see where this all went south. My very first post in this thread was directed towards the OP, not your post preceding mine. I fully agree with what you said there.
Don't waste your money, there aren't any games that require that much CPU power and by the time PS5 comes the system you build today will be old and devalued. Actually, you probably won't even own it anymore.
I fully believe this game will make use of a nice new quad, the only worry I have is them stating that physics (PhysX) will be run off the CPU along with everything else so it works cross AMD also, from what I have seen. And with the new added rag doll and everything is said to be destructible, every tree, building etc etc
And to the OP and anyone arguing about Arma or any game using more than 4 cores coming out this year, not gonna happen. Sure, MAYBE if youre luck you'll see a game that will be able to push some load out to cores5 and 6, maybe even 7 and 8, but there won't be a game pushed out this year that can take advantage of more than 4 cores. Promise you that. I'll bet my house on that. Think of it this way. The game comes out this year. So it's been in dev since AT LEAST 2010, maybe earlier. No way they would have built a game to need 8+ cores just to run smoothly. Hell, I doubt any game this year even with tag on support will use 8 threads. And none will use 8 threads efficiently. Once you start adding cores, even at the same speed (which you WILL not get on SB/IB CPU's) you lose effectiveness. My 12 core 24 thread 12GB RAM 5640 SR2 rig at 3.6Ghz couldnt even keep up with my one generation older 6 GB RAM i7 920 at 3.5 Ghz with HT disabled in any game at the time, it was just creating more overhead.
Zarathustra[H];1037580331 said:
And stop talking about every little detail of the game as if it's its own thread and each sperate thread gets its own private CPU thread. Your lack of knowledge in how this works is mind blowing. Literally, my mind hole just got blown all over the wall. You think adding Physx to CPU's will overtax a quad? Look how many games for years have had Physx, and other Physics apps, on the CPU, they havent bogged down one yet. And, why do you think that all these individual little areas of a game will have their own CPU? Since the dawn of CPU gaming as we know it (we'll say doom/wolfie just for shits and giggles) all those things you mention, terrain physics, bullet physics, sound, lighting, draw distance, destruction physics, AI, multiplayer, etc etc etc etc, have all been handled by a single core CPU, why do you think all of a sudden that games will put each task to its own CPU and then get bogged?
Quit this method of thinking right now. Dev's are going to design the game to push as many of these functions onto as few as cores as possible, 2 to be ideal, but one in dire cases, because if they spent their time focusing on spreading out the load to all available CPUs (which no games do) instead of focusing on keeping the core count as low as they can, they'd be cutting off a HUGE chunk of their market they could sell to. Dev's design the games to work for the largest number of clients, in order to maximize posable sales. The game, and all games, are/is designed to NOT spread out, it's designed to stay on fewer cores. And since it's on fewer cores, a Quad at 4.2 Ghz will smoke a 48 core at 2.2 Ghz. I'm not going to waste any more time trying to explain this point because I fear that there will be people too blind to see it as it is. But yet the question was asked and here we are on page 3 already, and the point still hasnt gotten across, so I guess I expect too much from people