server cab standards - KVM

Jay_2

2[H]4U
Is there a standard for KVM / Rack monitor install height? An odd question I know.

There's no standard that I'm aware of. Think about where your arms would be comfortable typing on the pull-out keyboard. I usually put it a few inches above my waist. I would put it higher, but I'm 6'2 and I wouldn't want to hamper someone else's ability to use the KVM.

Anyone know of any decent looking rack LCDs with KVM? I know its an odd question but its for a "for show" server room in a glass room so it has to look the mutts nuts open and closed

Stickers- makes anything look cool. Seriously though, if you want WOW, take the rack and as many cases and as much rack equipment as you dare to an Auto Body shop and get custom paint/decals.

Look for the Dell units on ebay, generally can save some moneys.

The Dell ones are nice, but the best imo are the IBM ones. They even have their awesome laptop keyboards and trackpoint mice built in. Not sure if they are still sold under the IBM brand or Lenovo brand.

Of course if you want to make it look really good, go with a IP kvm and you won't need a console in your rack at all.

Back