Server 2012 R2 plagued by the same bug Vista Had?

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
I have numerous Server 2012 R2 servers running and over the last month i have noticed randomly that my user profile settings are not saving when i RDC into them after a random amount of time.

I know Vista had a bug with saving folder view settings, so maybe this isnt the same after all.

This just happened on 2 brand new Server 2012 R2 standard servers I did as AD/DC/DNS, i set all the shortcuts on the task bar, disable server manager from starting and that is usually it.

I log in 2 days later and it is as if it is a new profile, the server manager opens (which i disable off the bat) and all my shortcuts are gone.

I am not using roaming profiles, and this has happened in Virtual Machines as well as physical.

Anyone else experience this so far?

No.

Configuration Manager says I have 126 Server 2012 R2 machines and I haven't noticed it. I've got similar setups to what you described on my 20 node Hyper-V cluster, and my shortcuts stay pinned.

Check the event log the next time you log in and see if it's loading the profile or using a temporary.

Will do, i did do updates on 2 of the boxes lately, have to see if maybe that did it.

Another 2012 R2 user with approximately 30 boxes under my control. No reports of this.

Back