• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Server 2008 freezes when installing OS on SSD

Providence

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
193
Odd problem.

I boot to the DVD to install (a legit) copy of server 2008 x86.

I've had server 2008 before on this machine. My hardware is fine. But I changed out the drive for an SSD just to test it out.

Keyboard works in pre-boot environment. Then installation files load and Server 2008 installation gui comes up.

Both PS/2 keyboard and mouse stop responding. Can't proceed.

Ever happen to anyone? Advice? I've heard of people using SSD drives w/ server 2008 so I know this is possible.
 
Back
Top