Server 2003 utility for a PERC 3/DI?

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
Is there a Windows Server 2003 compatible utility to manage an array on a Dell PERC 3/Di SCSI RAID controller? I'm trying to rebuild an array, after replacing a bad drive, and I'm not having any luck doing so in the BIOS/firmware utility of the controller.

Trying that now....I had to find another version that worked on an older Dell 2500SC.

EDIT, I can't figure out how the hell to start the Open Manage System Admin tool. I have IIS installed, but I'm not figuring it out.

I've never had trouble installing it. I don't even recall enabling IIS. I haven't had luck with it as far as RAID configuring and changing. It always errors and doesn't allow me to change anything, hopefully if a drive fails it will be usefull. Never had to rebuild an array with a PERC before.

I've built and rebuilt a couple of RAID 1 arrays on that PERC 4/SC without issue, though I do prefer to do things from the controller's boot-time interface... Or whatever's the proper term for it ;)

Turns out I had two drive's go bad, so the data was toast. Ontrack is handling it for now, so if they can get the data from the space shuttle crash, mine should be there as well.

Back